RECEPT: Rabbit back - a delicious game classic
20 g coarse pepper
4 dl wildfond
3 dl postage
3 dl red wine
1 clove look
1 shallot coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Stew an onion and a clove of garlic in the butter.
- When the butter is nice and brown, add the hare bacon.
- Bake the back side for 4 min. and the bottom side for 2 min. in the pan.
- Remove the back of the hare from the pan and cook for 4 minutes in the oven at 180 °C with extra butter.
- Pour the fat out of the pan and extinguish with red wine, postage and game gravy. Leave to reduce to half. Then sieve the sauce.
- Mount the sauce just before serving with a few lumps of cold butter. If necessary you can add some extra hare blood and a piece of chocolate.
- Spoon the back of the hare from the bone and serve with the sauce.
You can always serve the back of the hare with fried mushrooms and braised chicory and with a nice game gravy.