1 Petit Suisse
300 g farm butter
1 sprig of thyme
2 dl wildfond
3 dl cream
5 cl cognac
- Preheat the over to 200 °C.
- Let the pheasant color in the pan and then let it simmer for 35 minutes in a pot with a lid, on the fire or in the oven at 180 °C.
- Add a few shallots and a sprig of thyme.
- To avoid dehydration, you should regularly put oversauces with your own cooking juices and a Petit Suisse in the pheasant.
- When the pheasant is ready, make the sauce in the same pan.
- Remove the pheasant and keep it warm in the oven at 110°C with another knob of butter. Drain the fat and flambé the pan with cognac. Add the game stock and then the cream. Reduce this to the desired sauce thickness. Serve the pheasant with a generous portion of sauce.
With this dish fits braised chicory and a fresh croquette.