Fawn with game sauce
- 50 g butter
- 20 g coarse pepper
- 400 g deer calf
- 4 dl wildfond
- 3 dl postage
- 3 dl red wine
- 1 clove look
- 1 shallot coarsely chopped
The graceful appearance of the fawn reflects the grace and finesse of nature itself. The meat, characterised by its tenderness and subtle game flavour, excites the senses. Deer calf is considered a delicacy and valued for its exquisite flavour profile. It is an ingredient that combines extremely well with various flavourings and sauces, offering endless possibilities to prepare sophisticated dishes.
Our recipe for venison with game sauce is a tribute to the rich tradition of game dishes in the Belgian-French culinary world. With carefully selected ingredients and a touch of craftsmanship, we bring to life the unique flavours and aromas of venison.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Stew a shallot and a clove of garlic in the butter.
- Season the meat with coarse pepper and salt. When the butter is nice and brown, fry the meat nice and crispy.
- Remove the meat from the pan and cook in the oven at 180 °C for another 4 min. with extra butter.
- Pour the fat out of the pan and extinguish with red wine, postage and game gravy. Leave to reduce to half. Sieve the sauce.
- Mount the sauce just before serving with a few lumps of cold butter. If necessary you can add an extra piece of chocolate.
- Serve the meat with the sauce.