Stew from my mom
For 4 people
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 6 potatoes
- 3 turnips
- 2 onions
- 1 leek
- 1 spring of fresh thyme
- salt & pepper
- 2L vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 old-school pork sausage
- 200gr home-smoked bacon
- 300gr pork collar cutlet
- Cut the onions,carrots, turnips and leek into +- 3cm pieces
- Peel the potatoes and cut into large pieces
- Cut the green cabbage into fine strips
- Cut the cutlet and bacon into pieces
- Fry the bacon and the pieces of cutlet until golden brown.
- Remove the fried meat from your pot and stew the vegetables and onions for 5min in the meat's baking. Season with salt and pepper. Add the vegetable stock, thyme sprig, bay leaf and potatoes.
- Spoon the meat back into the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered over low heat for an hour and a half.
- Fry the sausages. Cut them into pieces and mix into stew at the end. Remove the bay leaf and thyme sprig.