50 g butter
20 g coarse pepper
400 g deer calf
4 dl wildfond
3 dl postage
3 dl red wine
1 clove look
1 shallot coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
- Stew a shallot and a clove of garlic in the butter.
- Season the meat with coarse pepper and salt. When the butter is nice and brown, fry the meat nice and crispy.
- Remove the meat from the pan and cook in the oven at 180 °C for another 4 min. with extra butter.
- Pour the fat out of the pan and extinguish with red wine, postage and game gravy. Leave to reduce to half. Sieve the sauce.
- Mount the sauce just before serving with a few lumps of cold butter. If necessary you can add an extra piece of chocolate.
- Serve the meat with the sauce.