RECIPE: Beef tartare with marrow
- 600g bavette / flank steak
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 shallot
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp English sauce
- coarse salt
- 2 tbsp capers
- olive oil
- 4 marrowbones (cut lengthwise)
- beef broth
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT:
Cutting tartare from bavette:
- First cut the meat in pieces along the thread
- Cut the meat into slices against the thread
- Lay the slices on top op each other and cut into trips along the thread
- Finally, cut into cubes
Boil the marrow pipes in the broth for 20 minutes.
Remove from the broth, spoon the marrow from the pipes and let it cool off.
Grill the marrow pipes for four minutes on the barbecue or in the oven.
Peel the shallot. Finely chop the shallot, capers and parsley.
Mix the meat with the marrow, egg yolks, chopped shallot, mustard and parsley.
Season with English sauce, pepper, salt, olive oil and Tabasco.
Spoon the tartare into the marrows and top with the capers.